With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The beach service team run two of our bars as well as taking care of the sun decks and those on them. They are hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about service. We are looking for an experienced Beach Service Manager to take the lead.
Built into the striking volcanic rock that makes up the island’s northern coastline, our white wooden decks sit metres above the deep blue Ionian Sea. Keeping our guests hydrated, refreshed or maybe a little tipsy during the sun-soaking hours, our beach service team are on hand to provide a towel after a dip in the sea and ensure our guests don’t have to move a muscle when topping up on vitamin D.
The beach service team are also responsible for the running of two of our bars; The Yard Bar and The Pool Bar. The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun. Our Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rosé or a cold beer whilst relaxing in the sun and listening to laid back summer sounds.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic Beach Service Manager to oversee the day to day running of two of our bars and our sun decks to ensure all drinks are delivered in a consistent, professional and timely manner. The role involves training, managing and motivating a small team to operate efficiently, delivering a high level of service and maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere.
Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will ensure the bars are running at their best, guests are always made to feel welcome and are well looked after. This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Yard Bar, Pool Bar and service on the sun decks, focusing on efficiency and maximising the guest experience
- Ensure the bars are clean and well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the restaurant team, Driftwood Bar team and kitchen
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Manage the space on the decks, meet and greet guests, and ensure they are all well looked after
- Prepare a variety of drinks, including cocktails and coffees
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Motivate your team to upsell, maximise on revenue generating opportunities and meet weekly targets
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Work closely with the accounts department to ensure stock controls are actioned and in place
- Control and minimise wastage
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Ensure adequate stock levels across all bars, manage orders and stock rotation
- Have a strong knowledge of the EPOS system
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative, energetic, fun and outgoing
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Ability to problem solve as issues arise
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working in a busy bar/restaurant environment
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory position
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Proven experience in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or right to work in the UK