With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The beach service team run two of our bars as well as taking care of the sun decks and those on them. They are hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about service.
Built into the striking volcanic rock that makes up the island’s northern coastline, our white wooden decks sit metres above the deep blue Ionian Sea. Keeping our guests hydrated, refreshed or maybe a little tipsy during the sun-soaking hours, our beach service team are on hand to provide a towel after a dip in the sea and ensure our guests don’t have to move a muscle when topping up on vitamin D.
The beach service team are also responsible for the running of two of our bars; The Yard Bar and The Pool Bar. The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun. Our Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rosé or a cold beer whilst relaxing in the sun and listening to laid back summer sounds.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Whilst spending plenty of time in the sun will sound appealing to most, at times this is a physically demanding role with lots of ground to cover and heavy bales of towels to carry in hot conditions.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Prepare a variety of drinks, including cocktails and coffees
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish bar supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure the deck areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure towel shed/area is stocked and replenished
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Energetic, fun and outgoing
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Use personal strengths to benefit the guest experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience of working in a busy bar environment
- Good knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Proven experience of working in a bar, cafe or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Previous cash handling experience is desirable
- Have an understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa