Are you ready to make memories and friends that last a lifetime? Whether you are looking to work just one ski season or even looking for a long term career then we are the company for you! If you are an enthusiastic and friendly person who has a 'can do, will do attitude' then we are looking for you to join our overseas team based in the stunning Alps of either France, Italy or Austria.
We can offer you the opportunity to live and work in one of the top ski resorts in the world with like- minded and professional colleagues.
As Chalet Host you will be responsible for;
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for the guests, ensure that the high standards that the company expects are maintained and creating a home from home environment.
- Be the friendly and approachable face of the company. Yours will be the lasting impression on the guests, and their enjoyment of their holiday will be led by their interactions with you.
- Receive and check all deliveries into your chalet, rejecting any sub-standard items, and being proactive to ensure that you have all necessary ingredients and equipment to produce the menus.
- Submit a full weekly stocktake of all food, wine and cleaning products in your chalet.
- Work efficiently and effectively to ensure that you adhere to the agreed rota and time-frame put in place.
- At the end of each shift, ensure that all storage areas are tidy, and all rubbish and recycling is removed and disposed of.
- Deal with any issues that may arise quickly and effectively, making sure to keep your Chalet Manager and other colleagues informed.
- Ensure that all areas in and around the chalet are well presented.
- Assist in with the production of detailed inventories of the chalet.
- With the Chalet Housekeeper ensure that your guests feel at home in their chalet and feel that they are able to seek your assistance with anything that they require.
- Ensure that bread, wine and water are replenished during the meal and serve coffee/tea and chocolates/mints following.
- After every meal, clear the table and clean the dining area.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness daily, ensuring that guest bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas are clean and tidy.
- Prepare laundry for collection and reconcile new deliveries, mid-week and on ‘change over’ day, helping within the resort team in the distribution of clean supplies.
- Ensure all entrances, exits, pathways, balconies and terraces (roofs if applicable) are kept clear and safe from snow.
- Perform a deep clean on ‘change over’ day in preparation for new guests, ensuring that all rooms and areas are clean.
- Produce a risk assessment of the chalet and make sure these measures are put in place to minimise these risks before the first guests arrive.
- Complete the necessary weekly Health & Safety, Hygiene, HACCP, Food Samples and Fire Checks.
- As part of a team within the resort and company you need to remain flexible and assist with any other duties as requested by your Resort Manager or other senior staff.Assist with the cleaning and closing down of the chalets and staff accommodation at the end of the season.
If you want the chance to live and work in the unique environment of the mountains and experience new opportunities, then we look forward to hearing from you.