Are you a real foodie with an infectious passion for providing top quality hospitality, with the ability to train teams of staff?
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
• To provide a training function for both current and new chalet-based staff throughout the season.
• To assist in the design, development and successful running of a pre-season chalet training course.
• To support the Area Managers in maintaining and improving the quality of food provision and chalet standards across all operated properties whilst working within agreed budgets
• To be the central point of menu adjustments during the season including unusual dietary requests.
• To be the central administrative point for a menu testing programme, including research and analysis of the current menu plan, making adjustments where necessary.
• To use all sources of information available to propose new ideas and direction for the following seasons menus.
Pre-Season Training course.
• To assist in the design and development of the pre-season training course for chalet-based training sessions. And to help coordinate in the planning of the training logistics such as timetabling, rooming lists and chalet trainer training.
• To support the chalet trainers ensuring they have all the training tools they need to run successful training liaising with the training course support team.
• To present sessions to selected overseas staff on all aspects of running a successful chalet.
• To assist in ensuring consistency across our chalet training course, liaising with the Chalet Trainers, European Operations Manager and Area Managers
• To report back to Area Managers any staff who are struggling during the training course and help to assess their suitability for their roles.
• To be responsible for collating the chalet training feedback and reporting the findings, and recommendations for future training to the European Operations Manager.
During the season
• By liaising with the European Operations Manager and the Area Managers, to organise and conduct training for both new and existing chalet staff, as required, during the season, both in Bourg St Maurice and in resort.
• To develop a modular in-resort chalet training package to be completed by all new starters who are chalet-based.
• Liaising with the HR team and the European Operations Manager, in a timely manner to ensure that all new chalet staff are adequately trained in their roles including Health and Hygiene.
• In agreement with the European Operations Manager, to provide on-going training opportunities for existing chalet staff in conjunction with the Chalet Manager/Resort Manager and Area Manager to help achieve their full potential. This could involve group master-classes in resort or a centralised training venue. E.g. training on chalet plus, on cleanliness, on knife techniques and so on.
• To provide assistance and support to Area Managers / Resort Managers with regards the provision of food/ beverages in their areas.
• Whilst in resort, where time allows, to carry out chalet checks ensuring health and hygiene standards are acceptable, to give advice on stock control and that the chalets have suitable equipment to produce and serve the set menu plan, liaising with the Area Manager to rectify any shortcomings.
• To liaise with all Area Managers in keeping menu changes consistent across all resorts and to offer alternative suggestions where certain produce isn’t available.
• To provide dietary advice to resort staff with unusual requests.
• Previous experience of at least 3 seasons running chalets or 3 years of other relevant professional catering experience.
• Food preparation qualifications and/or backed up with suitably strong experience.
• Experience of managing budgets.
• Excellent customer service.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A flexible, hands-on and proactive approach.
• Highly motivated, inspirational and able to motivate others with passion and flair.
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Good team player.
• Highly organised.
• Good IT skills (MS office products).
• Full driving licence.
• Previous Skiworld season experience.
• Experience in training groups of people.
• French/German language skills.
• Experience of living and working aboard.
• Health + Hygiene qualifications to training level.
• Previous experience of producing analysis reports.
• A creative interest in the chalet product.
• A creative interest in world cookery, ingredients and recipe design.