We are looking for an experienced team of chefs to take on the challenge of running our beautiful restaurant, which hosts up to 300 guests over lunchtime and 150 most evenings.
Food at Peligoni
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites. During the day the focus is very much on family dining, offering something for all, including delicious tapas style dishes, healthy superfood salads, juicy burgers, fresh fish done simply, thin crust pizzas loaded with generous toppings and locally-inspired sharing plates.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and the restaurant menu reflects this. From a la carte to family feasts and indulgent tasting menus to elaborate sharing platters, there are plenty of opportunities to get creative.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, which all of the team love to be involved in. Food is often a key part of these events, putting the kitchen in the spotlight.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Working in the kitchen, whether it be as our Head Chef, Sous Chef or a Chef de Partie, is challenging and fast-paced, yet incredibly rewarding. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced and creative chefs who enjoy expressing themselves through food.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa