Chef In Ski Miquel Chalet-Hotel
We are currently looking for chefs for different resorts, either an EU passport holder required or someone who already has the right to work in France or Spain or a UK passport holder required or someone who already has the right to work in the UK to be seconded to Switzerland.
At Ski Miquel we are looking for a well-trained and professional chef who wants to work in a chalet-hotel environment and to ensure high quality food for 20-30 guests each week. This a full-time position for the winter season, working alongside our Resort Manager and Chalet Hosts.
Ski Miquel holidays offer breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal, with wine included. We have our own Cookbook, with menus that are pre-planned for each week, and our chefs are responsible for ensuring the food is cooked and served to the prescribed standard.
We do not serve lunch, so once your prep is done then your day is free until you need to get ready for the evening service.
This job is ideal for an experienced chef who is hard-working and organised, as this means you will get the most time out on the mountain.
The following is an outline of the principal tasks that are expected of our Chefs:
- To prepare and serve breakfast on alternate days (working with our Chalet Hosts), the main job being to cook eggs to order for the beginning of service at 8am until 9am.
- Making cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea.
- Prepare pre-meal canapés.
- Preparing a 3-course evening meal for 25-35 guests, adhering to the Ski Miquel Cookbook. This is for 6 evenings each week of the winter season.
- Some weeks there may be children present who will have a simplified meal before the adults sit down to eat.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen.
- Ordering stock to ensure you adhere to the set budget in conjunction with the Resort Manager, who will report back to Head Office with any issues.
Our most efficient Chefs do most of their prep work during the morning and then go back to the kitchen late afternoon to finish off. We do not offer lunch, so after you finish your prep (usually around 11am) your day is free and you should not have to return until late afternoon to prepare for the dinner service at 8pm.
All our staff work as a team, the Hosts help with plating up meals with your guidance and cleaning of the dishes. Cleaning the kitchen and cookware is the responsibility of the Chef, so that you should all finish work around the same time.
- Team player
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Qualified chef (NVQ Level 2 or equivalent)
- Experience in ordering and stock-taking
- Ability to cook for 25-35 guests each evening
Essential Employment Requirements:
- English speaker to communicate with staff and guests