Can you create dishes that exceed our guests’ expectations and send them off for the day with the memory of a fabulous authentic Scottish breakfast cooked and served with pride
With exceptional attention to detail and a real determination to succeed, you’ll be able to work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be passionate about food preparation and presentation.
You’ll be able to work both as part of a team and on your own initiative.
You will provide freshly cooked breakfasts, lunches and dinners for guests, ensuring a smooth service and making sure that all health & safety and hygiene standards are met.
Our restaurant caters for up to 140 guests in peak season, with cold selection buffet and hot food cooked to order from our well thought out menu.
We are proud to offer scottish hospitality, quality scottish and island produce all served with pride, warmth and confidence.
We pay our chefs hourly, and there is a freedom and flexible approach to hours, with more for those who want them and less for those who dont. Our team work hard, but we are a team and make the work enjoyable.
We are open all year round, with lower occupancy in the winter months.
We can provide accomodation and all meals on duty.
We need from you
- A Food Hygiene certificate, and an understanding of HACCP
- Recognised Chef qualfication
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Determination to succeed
- Able to work without supervision and take ownership for the breakfast service
- Willing to be flexible and part of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for food preparation and presentation
- Previous experience of food preparation and service
What we offer
Salary range from 24k to 35K
The above salary range represents both the low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to skills, experience and performance.
- 100% service charge, up to approx £2000 per year
- Staff uniform
- Flexible working pattern
- Training and development opportunities uncluding SVQ's and professional qualifications
- Staff meals
- Free staff transport (Glencoe and Isle of Mull)
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels for accommodation and food and beveredge for you and your family and friends
- Personal membership to Perkbox offering a range of offers and discounts
- Long Service Recognition
- Pet Bereavement Day
- Contribution towards driving licences
- Charitable fund raising matched up to £250
- Paid day off on your birthday each year
- Use of the hotel leisure facilities
You will need at least 2 years experience in a commercial kitchen