Job Title: Chief Engineer/Mechanic
Department: Neilson Active Holidays Yacht Team
Reports to: Marina Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
How do you fancy a summer in the Greek sunshine looking after our yacht fleet? As the Chief Engineer/Mechanic, you'll support the Shorebased team and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of our yacht fleet.
Not only will you be able to diagnose and repair a variety of breakdowns, but also be interact well with guests, other team members and build rapport with ease. You'll need to be motivated by a challenge and ready deal with any problems, albeit at sea or back at base.
You will need to be an experienced engineer with a good level of previous marine experience. You will be capable of coaching and supporting less experienced members of the team and happy to share your knowledge.
You will be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning and both with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience. We'll cover your accommodation, bills & food in the package and also provide exciting opportunities to work with us all year round! If this sounds good to you, then why not bring your mechanical knowledge and skills and apply to the Neilson yacht team?
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As a Chief Engineer/Mechanic, you will be efficient at managing your time and your tools to get the job done correctly
- No problem is too big or too small – you will thrive from dealing with a variety of mechanical and electrical faults.
- As a Chief Engineer/Mechanic, you will need to think outside the box and use your initiative with a positive, personable approach to ensure that our guests receive the highest level of service
- We would expect you to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our yachts are fully functional whenever possible
- You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson yachts and equipment ensuring that we meet our brochure specifications and guest expectations
- You are happy working as part of a team pro-actively providing help to all guests using our yachts each day
- You will assist in providing a safe and enjoyable working environment and ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to, both for staff and guests
- You may sometimes need to move between different resorts according to operational needs and requirements
- We would need to you to be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Engineering – both mechanical & electrical
- NVQ level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent
- A valid First Aid certificate will be required for the duration of your contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- VHF license would be beneficial
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- A mature approach and attitude to work
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance