Job Title: Chief Instructor (Yachts)
Department: Neilson Active Holidays Yacht Team
Reports to: Yacht Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
You'll be able to interact well with guests, other team members and locals alike, but you will also need to be motivated by a challenge and ready deal with any problems, albeit at sea or back at base.
If you are an experienced Yachtmaster Instructor, great! If you are newly qualified, no problem. We will provide any additional training required to run our RYA training courses. As long as you are confident, outgoing and have a passion for making people’s holidays, then the role of Chief Instructor may just be for you!
You will be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning and both with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience. We'll cover your accommodation, bills & food in the package and also provide exciting opportunities to work with us all year round! If this sounds good to you, then why not bring your sailing knowledge and skills and apply to join the Neilson yacht team?
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To manage all aspects of delivering the RYA Training in accordance with company procedures, the Neilson brochure and local regulations
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe training experience for guests of all abilities following the Neilson programme
- To mentor and coach new instructors to maintain a high standard of instruction
- To ensure that all yachts comply with RYA regulations and guidelines
- To manage the maintenance and housekeeping of the training yachts, to ensure efficient operation at all times
- To ensure a high standard of safety for guests and staff is maintained at all times
- To maintain effective communication with Yacht Manager
- To provide all necessary information and briefings to guests for the optimisation of their holiday experience
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- RYA Yachtmaster Instructor
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- VHF license
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Experience in a leadership role
- Previous customer service experience
- Tangible experience of skippering yachts
- Mature approach and attitude to work
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance