Are you ready to make memories and friends that last a lifetime? Whether you are looking to work just one ski season or even looking for a long term career then we are the company for you! If you are an enthusiastic and friendly person who has a 'can do, will do attitude' then we are looking for you to join our overseas team based in the stunning Alps of either France, Italy or Austria.
We can offer you the opportunity to live and work in one of the top ski resorts in the world with like- minded and professional colleagues.
As Commis Chef you will be responsible for;
- Assisting the Hotel Head Chef, with all aspects of operating the hotel kitchen, ensuring that the standards and quality of catering, safety and cleanliness are maintained.
- Mentoring other staff, helping to develop professionally and enjoy the season.
- Encouraging a good team and working environment by working closely with the kitchen assistants.
- Ensuring at the end of shift, the kitchen is clean, tidy and complies with our legal obligations.
- Adhering to company guidelines and procedure regarding cleaning standards and presentation.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and ensure that the kitchen and store areas are always clean and tidy.
- Monitor uniform standards of junior staff.
- Adhere to and assist with the implementation of health and safety procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation of meals in accordance with the company’s set menu.
- Helping to provide the necessary menu plan for guests with allergies and dietary requirements.
- Completing weekly Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Samples and Fire Checks as requested.
- Showing due care at all times towards your guests’ health and safety as well as your own and other staff members.
- Assisting with catering deliveries when required cross-checking deliveries with the orders and quality, reject any sub-standard items.
- Dealing with any guest and catering issues as quickly and as effectively as possible.
- Assisting with any other duties as requested by your Hotel Manager or other senior staff.
If you want the chance to live and work in the unique environment of the mountains and experience new opportunities, then we look forward to hearing from you.