Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be a key member of the Hotel kitchen team. You will be responsible for food preparation to the highest standards whilst ensuring you maintain a clean and safe working environment. As a Commis Chef you will share demonstrate and share your passion for high standards, exceeding our customer expectations at every opportunity.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure all Cold Store / Buffet items are available and replenished at all times throughout each service
- To ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times.
- Assist in providing all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in accordance with the Company Set Menu
- Assistance with the service of the daily set menu
- Adopt a proactive approach to monitoring stock levels and assist in compiling orders
- To receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure and maintain high standards of food preparation, presentation and quality of food
- Ensure high levels of Hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with UK and local laws
- Complete daily kitchen-cleaning tasks and schedules and as required to assist with washing up duties
- Take and store appropriately; food samples of all high-risk food in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Record, Maintain and monitor daily HACCP records
- Assist in all areas of the kitchen were required to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen at all times
- Internal: Head Chef, Sous Chef, CDP, KP/NP, Assistant / Hotel Manager, Heads of Department, Restaurant Supervisor
- External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- Spoken English to conversational level (E)
- NVQ level 2, BTEC, City and Guilds or equivalent Experience (E)
- Food Hygiene Certification
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Catering for between 35 to 170 covers (E)
Catering to 4*, Al a carte or Set Menu, Standard (E)