Rockley Lodge is a 60 bed residential facility based at Rockley Point, Hamworthy and provides food and accommodation to our residential clients throughout the year. Working alongside Rockley Watersports, one of the leading providers of Watersports training and school activity trips in the UK, Rockley Lodge is open annually offering full board and accommodation for 10 to 25 year olds who are taking part in our courses and school groups or school activity trips.
We are excited to be offering the opportunity for a motivated, outgoing and hardworking individual to take on the Chef role for a 10 week fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, at this fast past residential facility.
Monday to Friday
Split shift - 1000 - 1300 / 1600 - 2000
(shift pattern can be adjusted to work around the right candidate)
Responsibilities and Duties
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of buffet lunches for up to 150 students.
- Preparation and delivery of evening meal. Catering for a variety of dietary requirements.
- Maintaining a varied 2 week menu plan to suite the clients on centre.
- Working alongside the Residential Team to make sure that clients have a positive experience whilst with us.
- Liaising with the Residential supervisor on catering numbers and special dietary requirements.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment & making sure that the kitchen is kept at the high standard we require.
- Ordering of food on a daily / weekly basis as and when required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous Catering / Kitchen experience is required for the role.
- An ideal role for someone coming off the back of a winter season as a Chalet Host
- At Rockley our kitchens are open plan and so the ideal candidate will be well presented, motivated with an outgoing personality.
- Candidates must hold Food Hygiene level 2.
- All applicants will be subject to 2 references + undertake a DBS check.
- UK Drivers Licence - desirable but not essential.