Qualified or experienced Cook? Come and take up a fresh challenge!
This is a fantastic opportunity to live and work at an activity based adventure camp as a key member of the catering team. You will report to the Catering Manager and assist in the production of three well-balanced wholesome meals a day for between 150 and 300 guests and staff.
What we’re looking for…
As well as food preparation you will be responsible for ensuring food safety legislation is being adhered to and company standards are being met. You may also be required to take charge of the kitchen in the Catering Managers absence. We’re looking for people with:
- Previous experience working as a Cook/Chef
- Understanding of Food Safety records
- Basic skills such as knife skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
All of our staff participate in a comprehensive induction & training programme at centre. We are looking for people who can commit to working the full season.
Why work for Acorn?
Acorn can offer you:
- A competitive wage
- Onsite catering and accommodation available
- The use of facilities and equipment in your free time
- Opportunities to complete training and gain NGB qualifications
- Personal development and progression – we love to promote from within!
- The experience of a lifetime, working in beautiful locations making lifelong friends
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a permanent UK National Insurance number and a UK bank account.
We will be unable to take your application further before they have been obtained.We are unable to apply for a work visa/permit on behalf of an applicant.
A current Enhanced DBS Check or overseas equivalent is required for successful applicants.