We are looking for a Deckhand/First Mate crew member who is ready for a challenge as well as keen to work in a unique role! We are seeking people who know how to keep themselves organised, follow tasks and routines accurately and have a polite and friendly manner with staff and customers.
Before you apply for this role, please read the entire description carefully.
You will be working on board the highest capacity inland hotel boat in England based in Gloucester, UK. The primary responsibilities for this role are:
- Handle ropes & gangway for mooring up and casting off
- Clean & tidy decks & outside equipment daily. Check condition of LSAs & ropes weekly.
- Do daily/pre-sailing/closedown checks of equipment & engines if required by the Captain
- Assist with piloting of the vessel & take the wheel under Captain’s supervision
- Manage the bar, serving drinks at all times except for evening rotations with Stewards
- Check drink stocks weekly and place orders to maintain PAR levels. Keep wastage log
- Serve wines and other drinks at meal times, including clearing away & washing up
- Wash glasses at the bar and return clean glasses to correct storage
- Run the daily deck quoits game. Manage evening table quizzes in rotation with stewards
- Interacting with our customers in a friendly and fun way.
You will also have responsibilities as a crew member on board for which we provide full training. This includes:
- Emergency procedures and responsibilities.
- Basic First Aid.
- Basic skills in ropework on board the boat.
The skills and experience below are must have's for all applicants and you will not be considered for the role if you don't have all of the following:
- Completely fluent in written and spoken English.
- The right to live and work in the UK with a national insurance number and UK bank account.
- Full-time availability from 19th April 2022 to 31st October 2022.
- No offensive tattoos visible when wearing shorts and a polo shirt.
- At least one year of experience in a customer service role in hospitality or retail within the last five years.
- Physically fit and well with the ability to climb ladders and able to swim.
- Available to Live in.
- No criminal record.
- Never been dismissed from a position for gross misconduct.
- Fully vaccinated (including booster) from Covid-19. We work with elderly higher risk people who expect our staff to be fully vaccinated.
The following would be an advantage but are not a requirement:
- Previous experience on boats either professionally or for leisure.
- Food hygiene certification.
- First aid certification.
- Experience as a supervisor.
- Previously worked in a live-in position.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be independent and able to self motivate.
- Be organised and methodical following lists and procedures accurately.
- Willing to learn new skills and approaches.
- Considerate of others and good at mediating conflict.
- Reliable, honest and prompt. Time keeping is very important.
If your application is successful we will provide:
- Live-in accommodation for the duration of the contract. You will be sharing a room with one other person.
- The pay listed above. Our season is fully booked. The pay above is guaranteed every week. You will not earn based on what shifts you get as per many hospitality roles. This is a full-time contract for 42 hours each and every week.
- Free food and soft drinks when customers are aboard.
- Full training in new skills and customer service.
- Holiday pay and end of season bonus.
- Staff discount scheme with access to discounts from major retailers online stores.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £425.00 per week
Contract length: 6 months