The Peli Deli offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our deli team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pizza and pasta, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
A 2 minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Peli Deli
The Deli team also ensure that all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are met. With a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer, our villa host service allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the pool.
We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa alongside the option of a hosting service whereby one of the Peligoni team will come to the villa to cook, serve and clean up, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
In addition to hampers and hostings, the Deli is also home to our guest shopping service. Guests request a shopping list, a mix of Deli produce and supermarket items, in advance of their arrival and our Shopkeepers will deliver it directly to their villa. Throughout the week, guests may visit the Deli to pick up more supplies to either take away with them or have delivered.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated head chef to take the lead to not only ensure that everything served and sold in the Deli is of the highest standard but to also produce fantastic hampers of fresh and exciting dishes that are consistent with the quality of food we are proud to put our name to.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is creative, enjoys expressing themselves through food and is self-motivated and able to manage their own time effectively. As well as running the Deli kitchen, the Deli head chef will be responsible for ensuring all our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are catered for and that our team of villa hosts are delivering the high standards our guests expect.
The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for a chef with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
It’s not all work and no play - in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage the daily operations of the Deli kitchen
- Ensure the Deli is always well stocked, keeping waste to a minimum
- Ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Ensure that all hamper orders are prepared to a consistently high standard
- Ensure that all food to be served on Odyssey, our classic yacht, is prepared to a consistently high standard
- Train villa hosts to put the finishing touches to dishes where they are serving meals in a guest’s villa
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Produce menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Liaise with purchasing companies for all Deli food orders, including those for our guest shopping service
- Maintain good profit margins on food
- Maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Liaise with the club’s Head Chef to ensure minimum waste and determine where time can be saved by sharing preparation tasks
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Ability to plan creative, varied and balanced menus
- An understanding of current food trends
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Strong understanding of dietary requirements and food allergies
- Knowledge of food labelling
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a chef in a busy restaurant
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role
- Previous experience working in a deli kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and hygiene standards
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- A Full UK driving license is desirable
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa