The Peligoni Club is a unique retreat for a fun-loving crowd looking to kick back for the week and let their hair down in beautiful laid-back surroundings. The club transforms over the course of the day from an oasis of calm in the morning to a buzzing family atmosphere at lunchtime with time to relax in the afternoon before the party begins again in the evening.
We are looking for a DJ to take the reins on how music at the club is used to maintain the perfect Peligoni atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love at all times throughout the day, and well into the night.
Music at Peligoni
Music plays a huge part in what we do and who we are. We are looking for someone who can set the tone at any time of day, performing DJ sets and acoustic sessions in the afternoons to create a fun atmosphere, getting the party started in the evenings, and monitoring the sound of the club throughout each day to ensure each playlist suits the vibe we want to create. Each area of the club, from the spa to the gym, and from the beach to the bar, has its own unique atmosphere which can change and develop over the course of the day.
Our in-house DJ will also be responsible for hosting our infamous Party Nights and weekly Open Mic Night:
Our twice-weekly Party Nights start off as a sophisticated evening of socialising with a cocktail in hand. A relaxed ambiance gives our guests the opportunity to get to know one another whilst enjoying some fabulous food and wine. Once dinner is over, it’s time for everyone, old and young, to put on their dancing shoes! Our parties are hugely popular and always go into the early hours of the morning.
Keeping everyone in mind is important here with a mix of generations wanting to hit the dance floor - our guests want to hear chart-topping pop music from Whitney to Wiley and classics from the swinging 60’s to the latest top 40 hits. During each week of peak season, one of these nights has a theme, for example 80s, and we’ll need a playlist to match.
Open Mic Night is a family affair, bringing guests together for a night of musical performances that involve everybody: small children and shy teens, aspiring popstar mums and rock-God dads. As the host, you will be on hand to encourage those who are not confident and perform alongside those who need some musical accompaniment. An ability to play at least one musical instrument confidently is a must, as you will also be expected to open the show, perform in any lulls during the evening, and to end the night in a way to get everybody up on their feet and enjoying themselves: dancing on tables to one-hit wonders is not uncommon during our Open Mic Nights!
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated and able to manage their own time effectively. About a third of your time will be spent working with the bar team, so flexibility is also key and any bar experience, an advantage. This is an ideal role for someone who is up to date with current music trends and loves sharing their passion with others.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Set up, host and perform at Open Mic Night each week
- Set up and DJ at our twice-weekly Party Nights
- Set up and DJ at a weekly afternoon DJ set
- Set up and perform during afternoon acoustic sessions
- Curate suitable playlists for each area of the club, and different times of day
- Maintain the club’s music/sound equipment to ensure all is in good working order
- Work with the bar team for approximately two days per week, preparing and serving drinks and getting to know our guests
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club and the local area
- Communicate any changes to the daily agenda with guests effectively
- Communicate effectively with other teams
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Build strong relationships and rapport with local suppliers
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A good knowledge of all genres of music
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Ability to DJ to a crowd environment, reading the mood of the room
- Play at least one musical instrument to an improvisational standard
- Ability to set up a stage, speakers and multiple instruments
- An ability to sight-read chord symbols
- An ability to sight-read sheet music is desirable
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of popular music
- A knowledge of digital mixing desks is desirable
- A basic knowledge of acoustics is desirable
- Experience in a bar environment is desirable
- Strong IT skills
- Proven hospitality experience
- Available for the full season (May – September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa