Job Title: Flotilla Engineer/Mechanic
Department: Neilson Active Holidays Yacht Team
Reports to: Flotilla Skipper/Maintenance Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
How do you fancy a summer in the Greek sunshine looking after our yacht fleet? With the back-up of our shore-based maintenance team, the Neilson Flotilla Engineers take ownership of the maintenance and upkeep of our yacht flotilla fleet.
Not only will you be able to diagnose and repair a variety of breakdowns, but also be interact well with guests, other team members and build rapport with ease. You'll need to be motivated by a challenge and ready deal with any problems, albeit at sea, back at base or in a beautiful remote location.
If you are an experienced flotilla engineer, great! If you have never worked on a yacht before? No problem! Over the years, some of our best Neilson yacht engineers have actually come from an agricultural & car mechanic background. As long as you are confident with diesel engines and 12-volt electrics along with the desire to explore and a passion for making people’s holidays, then life as a Neilson Flotilla Engineer may just be for you! You will be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota.
Both are equally stunning and both with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience. We'll cover your accommodation, bills & food in the package and also provide exciting opportunities to work with us all year round! If this sounds good to you, then why not bring your mechanical knowledge and skills and apply to the Neilson yacht team?
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As a Flotilla Engineer, you will be efficient at managing your time and your tools to get the job done correctly
- No problem is too big or too small – you will thrive in an environment that brings a sense of adventure and satisfaction from dealing with a variety of mechanical and electrical faults
- As a Flotilla Engineer, you will need to think outside the box and use your initiative with a positive, personable approach to ensure that our guests receive the highest level of service
- We would expect you to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our yachts are fully functional whenever possible
- You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson yachts and equipment ensuring that we meet our brochure specifications and guest expectations
- You are happy working as part of a team pro-actively providing help to all guests using our yachts each day
- You will assist in providing a safe and enjoyable working environment and ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to, both for staff and guests
- You will be involved in organising and hosting social events on flotilla, so you will need to be able to interact and build rapport with ease
- You may sometimes need to move between different resorts according to operational needs and requirements
- We would need to you to be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Engineering – mechanical, electrical or both
- NVQ level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent
- A valid First Aid certificate will be required for the duration of your contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Knowledge of 12V electric systems would be beneficial
- VHF license would be beneficial
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance