Are you the host with the most? Do your friends marvel at your ability to coordinate everyone, accommodating a variety of personal preferences, dietary requirements and opinions? Are you seldom phased by an unexpected hiccup in plans, taking it all in your stride with a smile on your face? Do you also have strong sea legs and know your tack from your gybe? If so, you might be one of our next Flotilla Hosts!
Sunsail Flotilla Hosts facilitate and accommodate the varying activities and requests for guests during their sail. You’ll organise engaging and fitting activities for all guests, whilst still being flexible to their needs and schedules. The glue that holds you all together, the pillar supporting your small team, you’ll ensure you’re on hand to help at all times; no job is too big or small!
- Ensuring the safety of all clients throughout the flotilla as well as regular inventory checks both domestic & safety equipment on each yacht
- Being the first point of call for all general client problems
- Delivering briefings throughout the customers trip and being the fountain of knowledge for all things local
- All yacht preparation on turnaround days including laundry packs, starter packs and on-board cleaning
- Greeting clients and assisting with boarding
- Organising group activities, events and excursions suitable for all customers
- Cleanliness & good presentation of lead boat at all times
- Assisting the skipper and technician with all aspects of running the flotilla
A Jack (or Jane) of all trades, you won’t just plan events you’ll be the flotilla’s purser and chief prize maker, always being inventive and resourceful as possible with what’s available to you. Hosting is also a great way to see your yachting career head in a professional direction. Year round opportunities as Stewards with our sister company The Moorings allow Hosts that have blossomed and continuously delivered the ‘wow’ factor to
You will have;
- Yacht sailing experience.
- Customer facing experience.
- The tendencies of a social butterfly – you love organising events, you’re sociable and outgoing with a positive outlook and sunny disposition.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines – you’re as cool as a cucumber
- An energetic and enthusiastic demeanour
- Collaborative instincts
If this sounds like something you’re even vaguely interested in, we’d love to see an application from you 😊