A hotel to be proud of. A brilliant team. A historic, iconic location. It’s a little like working in a postcard.
One of the family...
The clue is in the name. We’re a family business through and through – family owned, family run, with a warm family welcome for guests and team alike (no embarrassing hugs or kisses though). Our seven hotels are unique (quirky even) and set in three stunning Scottish locations. Some are big, some are small and all offer good food & drink, great beds and a ton of outdoor and indoor things to do and a fun place to work.
The Kingshouse in Glencoe
A Scottish institution given a new lease of life. The Kingshouse Hotel is part landmark hotel, part adventurer’s bunkhouse – slap-bang in Glencoe and on Scotland’s world-famous West Highland Way. We have 57 bedrooms offering a great night’s sleep plus the bunkhouse offering shared rooms, a restaurant and two bars. Everyone is welcome and everyone will feel at home.
Ourestate-to-plateethos runs through all our restaurant and bar menus. Inspired by our location and Scotland’s abundant land and sea larder we use the best of ingredients to guarantee our guests an exceptional experience, brimming with Scottish hospitality and flavour.
About the role
You’ll bring every bit of your personality to look after guests in our restaurant, lounge or Way Inn bar. You’ll be an expert on our menus, suppliers and local area – don’t worry, we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
What we need from you
- Customer service experience– and a passion for great food
- Team focus– there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness– we’re up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to– we’re looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility– there’s no problem you can’t fix
- Development / Career progression– we’re committed to developing our people and will provide training opportunities to help you progress your career in hospitality
- Great benefits– including pension, leisure membership, and discounts on food and hotel stays
- Live-in accommodation– in one of the world’s most stunning locations
- Uniform– distinctively Scottish, yet stunningly modern - we’ll kit you out with everything you need
We’ll supply regular transport for our team members who work shifts.
We’re only a 40 minute drive from Fort William and 1 hour from Oban
For those wanting to use public transport, you can catch a bus just five minutes from the Hotel. Buses also go from here to Glasgow/Edinburgh or North through the Highlands to Inverness – a couple of hours either way. There’s up to eight a day in summer and a few less in winter so good for getting away on your days off.