We Currently have two Hospitality & Catering roles based at FSC Flatford Mill, Nr East Bergholt, Suffolk. 1 x Seasonal 40 Hrs per week offereing residency, and one 13 hours per week permanent.
Overall Job purpose:
Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the smooth running of catering operations and that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times, whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping and kitchen work, including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and laundry, assisting with food deliveries, making beds and operating vacuum cleaners.
- Assisting with the preparation and service of breakfast, lunches and evening meals for up to 85 residential visitors and staff, and occasional meals for non-residential groups, in accordance with health and hygiene regulations
- Laying up of tables for breakfasts and evening meals for resident groups, and on occasions for lunches
- Service and clearing in the dining area at meal times, cleaning the kitchen and operating the dishwasher
- Preparation of sandwich fillings and packed lunch materials
- Helping with the receiving of deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
- Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene throughout the dining room, kitchen, pantry and other storage areas, based on daily and weekly cleaning rotas
- Routine and additional cleaning or preparation of the learning location for all users: including bedrooms, corridors, public areas, staff areas, classrooms, bathroom, shower and toilet facilities
- Preparation of customer accommodation: including clearing and making up of beds, provision of towels, and restocking of tea/coffee making facilities
- Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your Line Manager
- Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored and laundry/house cupboards are organised and tidy
- Ensuring laundry is completed in a timely manner: working in the laundry, operating machines and pressing (after appropriate training)
Applications will be considered on arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate
For further details and to apply please click "Apply Now"
- Holidays - 28 day inc bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free Tea & Coffee
- workwear provided
- Free parking