Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
We are looking for candidates who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well has having a sense of fun.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be in the mountains without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process!
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes with a new chair lift and additional ski runs opening this season. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains.
- Customer service – welcoming and making guests feel at home.
- Strong focus on housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms and bathrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets, lounge, bar, dining room.
- Dining service – setting up restaurant for buffet breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes and evening meal, serving food to/from tables.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Driving clients to the airport, train station or other inter-resort locations plus other driving as required (eg to the cash and carry, recycling centre).
- Work well within the hotel team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for
- Must be aged 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions.
- An EU passport and possession of a UK National Insurance number.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- A good standard of general education.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions would be advantageous.
- Previous hospitality or catering experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- French language skills are desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!