Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes with a new chair lift and additional runs opening this season. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breadth of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be abroad without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process!
A Hospitality General Assistant assists in the day to day tasks of running our Club Hotels. From housekeeping and customer service to restaurant duties, this is a hands on, all-rounder position.
- Customer service – welcoming and making guests feel at home.
- Strong focus on housekeeping (linen change, deep cleaning) of clients’ bedrooms and bathrooms) and general cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets, lounge, bar, dining room etc.
- Dining service – setting up restaurant for buffet breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes and evening meal, serving food to/from tables.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Work well within the team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required including kids club/kitchen.
What we are looking for:
- A UK resident (with UK home address) and a British passport.
- Possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number.
- A good standard of general education.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages and be happy to engage and converse with clients.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Previous hospitality or catering experience will be an advantage.
- Maintenance skills advantageous.
- Full clean UK driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- A working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!