The kitchen assistants assist in the day to day tasks of running the kitchen from washing up to chopping and preparing food, this is a hands on, all rounder position. Duties include:
- Work as a team with the Head and Second Chef to prepare and deliver a high standard of meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, home-made afternoon cakes, 4-course evening meal - 7 days a week).
- To ensure kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Daily responsibility of food preparation as directed.
- Washing up.
- Table serving and restaurant set up duties.
- Work well within the kitchen team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required which will include duties such as housekeeping, bar and driving (if cleared to drive).
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- NVQ catering qualification and a current valid food hygiene certificate would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in kitchens, hospitality and customer service industries is essential.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!