HOTEL SECOND CHEF
Sowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
We are looking for a second chef who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who is not afraid of hard work and has the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun. The kitchen team includes a head chef and two kitchen assistants.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We have just been awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
- Work closely with the head chef to prepare and deliver wholesome and high standard meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes and 4-course evening meal) within the allocated kitchen budget.
- Take responsibility as head chef a minimum of once a week with additional times as necessary.
- Responsible for preparation of breakfast on a rota basis.
- Responsible for high levels of kitchen and food hygiene standards.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Take note of clients’ comments from our internal questionnaires and react positively and accordingly.
What we are looking for:
- A UK resident (with UK home address) and an EU passport.
- Possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams is desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable
- Confident in a pressurised kitchen environment.
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!