We are actively seeking Kitchen Assistants to work in our stunning Mediterranean beach resort in Corsica; so if you are ready to pack your bags and join us resort within the next two weeks then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Head Chef you will play an important role within our catering operation to ensure that the kitchen is kept to a high standard of cleanliness. You will be heavily involved in many areas, including the operation of dishwashers, assisting with food preparation and checking deliveries. This superb role enables you to learn all aspects of how a kitchen works and can be a stepping stone into a catering career as you develop new skills in a fun and adventurous surrounding.
Main Responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Ensure all crockery, cutlery, glasses, serving dishes, kitchen equipment and utensils are kept to a high standard of cleanliness, are properly stored and available when required
- Operating dishwashers and other equipment
- Unload and unpack deliveries, which may include heavy items
- Remove and recycle (where necessary) kitchen waste
- Assist with basic food preparation
- Assist the Activities Manager with family evening entertainment
Essential Requirements for a kitchen assistant
- Work experience in a commercial kitchen
- Awareness of hygiene and safety
- Hard Working
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
Package and benefits
Return travel to and from the UK, accommodation, all meals, use of hotel watersports and sports equipment, chef whites, medical insurance, holiday concessions for family and friends, discounted drinks at hotel and a competitive seasonairre salary!