Twin employs around 100 full-time and seasonal staff across the UK who share a commitment to changing lives by providing high quality services to people from the UK and abroad. These services include education, training programmes, work placements, employment and volunteer opportunities, which are all designed to help people achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our mission is to help people realise their full potential through life enhancing experiences.
Boost your skills, top up your student loan, and give back to your community with NCS throughout July and August 2021!
Daily non-residential rate: £69
2021 NCS Programme
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their communities. The aim is to encourage young people from different backgrounds to mix through a local, community-based programme.
- NCS two-week wave which is fully non-residential (10 working days).
In these two weeks (Mon-Fri), delivered from a local hub, young people will build their confidence and other life skills, and then design and deliver a project that benefits their local community utilising the skills they’ve built throughout the entire programme.
Twin offers a fixed-term contract and aims to provide longer employment consisting of a few waves. This is however, subject to the performance on the programme and young people numbers.
Additional opportunities in our Autumn 2021 programme may become available to those that will have worked on our summer programme(s) and received positive feedback.
Locations: England, South West - Poole/Dorset
About the role
Come and work for Twin, a delivery partner of NCS, this summer and become a role model for a team of 15-17 year olds throughout our youth and community programme. We are looking to fill around 200 positions.
Assistant Team Leaders will actively support and motivate groups of young people through the NCS programme, encouraging them to bond as a team and fully engage with the curriculum throughout the programme. They will support the Team Leader to deliver engaging activity sessions, facilitate discussions, guide and mentor young people.
- Work closely with the Team Leader to be coached by them while facilitating the session
- Support teams of up to 16 young people
- Health, safety and well-being of all participants during the course of the programme
- Supporting a successful delivery of the programme/contract. Including planning engaging activities delivered either face-to-face or via virtual means (if necessary).
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed
- Facilitating appropriate participant activity
An ideal Assistant Team Leader candidate would have:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work in a highly pressured and fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels
- A problem solver who thrives in a challenging environment
- A flexible attitude to work
This role is perfect for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter, looking to gain invaluable youth work and leadership experience.
The role may require long working hours and night shifts during the residential weeks of the programme.
Twin is committed to safeguarding. For all applicants called to be assessed/interviewed:
- References will be followed up with specific questions as to applicant’s suitability to work with persons under 18
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check
- Successful candidates will be required to complete training prior to commencing employment
- Successful candidates will be expected to actively engage in the safeguarding of under 18s
Note: You have to be 18 years old after 1st June 2021 before you can apply to work on the NCS programme.