Twin employs around 100 full-time and seasonal staff across the UK who share a commitment to changing lives by providing high quality services to people from the UK and abroad. These services include education, training programmes, work placements, employment and volunteer opportunities, which are all designed to help people achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our mission is to help people realise their full potential through life enhancing experiences.
Boost your skills, top up your student loan, and give back to your community with NCS throughout July and August 2021!
Daily rate: £76.5
2021 NCS Programme
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their communities. The aim is to encourage young people from different backgrounds to mix through a local, community-based programme.
- NCS two-week wave which is fully non-residential (10 working days).
In these two weeks (Mon-Fri), delivered from a local hub, young people will build their confidence and other life skills, and then design and deliver a project that benefits their local community utilising the skills they’ve built throughout the entire programme.
Twin offers a fixed-term contract and aims to provide longer employment consisting of a few waves. This is however, subject to the performance on the programme and young people numbers.
Additional opportunities in our Autumn 2021 programme may become available to those that will have worked on our summer programme(s) and received positive feedback.
Locations: England, South West - Poole
About the role
Come and work for Twin, a delivery partner of NCS, this summer and become a role model for a team of 15-17 year olds throughout our youth and community programme. We are looking to fill around 200 positions.
Team Leaders lead groups of young people through the NCS programme, encouraging them to bond as a team and fully engage with the curriculum, and will be supported by the Assistant Team Leader to plan and deliver engaging activity sessions, facilitate discussions, guide and mentor young people.
- Manage Teams of up to 16 young people and maintain high level of engagement
- Support and work closely with the Assistant Team Leader and Support Worker where suitable
- Ensure all Health and Safety and safeguarding principles are adhered to
- Effectively manage and resolve unacceptable behaviour and conduct
- Plan and deliver sessions either face-to-face or via virtual means (if necessary) with the support of your Assistant Team Leader
An ideal Team Leader candidate would have:
- Ability to see the big picture
- Flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach to the job
- Confidence in delivering activities, workshops and reflection to Young People
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Good decision making ability
- Good time-management and organisation skills
- Committed to continuous personal and organisational development
- Creative and energetic
- Ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
This role is perfect for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter, ideally with youth work background.
The role may require long working hours and night shifts during the residential weeks of the programme.
Twin is committed to safeguarding. For all applicants called to be assessed/interviewed:
- References will be followed up with specific questions as to applicant’s suitability to work with persons under 18
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check
- Successful candidates will be required to complete training prior to commencing employment
- Successful candidates will be expected to actively engage in the safeguarding of under 18s
Note: You have to be 18 years old after 1st June 2021 before you can apply to work on the NCS programme.