We are looking for a permanent Head Chef for Black Diamond Restaurant. Black Diamond is the top restaurant in Sainte Foy Station with an excellent reputation for fine dining and casual bar food. We seek a Head Chef to join us during a period of continued growth and to share in our success.
Sainte Foy is known for having some of the best off piste in the world. So if you're tired of motorway resorts, you will love the tranquil beauty and challenging powder fields of the Foy. Summers are stunning with plenty of cycling, hiking and access to nearby resorts and Isere river activities.
This position includes a very competitive salary plus bonus, share options after a successful probation period, private en suite room year round, 3 months holiday and the chance to direct our continued reputational and financial growth.
The Head Chef will have autonomy in running the Black Diamond kitchen and must successfully manage and motivate the kitchen team including Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef and KP. The Head Chef must professionally manage the kitchen team to deliver a very high standard of catering service to ensure our excellent reputation is maintained and improved where necessary.
The Head Chef will be responsible for the guest and staff food budgets. They will perform menu development including special menus for Christmas, New Year's and other occasions during the season. There is an established list of suppliers from whom the Head Chef can order, and they have autonomy in finding new suppliers to meet the menu and budget needs.
The Black Diamond Head Chef is a member of a year round Senior Management Team including Lodge Manager and Concierge Manager. The Head Chef reports into the Black Diamond Directors.
Most importantly, the Head Chef must maintain and manage excellent and professional standards of kitchen health and safety, including personal hygiene. The Health and Safety standards are Black Diamond are vital to the successful operation of the kitchen.
The Head Chef will mentor to younger and less experienced chefs within the team.
Head Chef Role Responsibilities:
- Developing all Bar and Restaurant menus
- Managing the Guest Bar & Restaurant and Staff food budgets
- Sourcing and Finalising Supplier contracts for delivery of all food and beverage goods throughout the season
- Maintaining and managing the team to maintain the highest standard of kitchen safety and food hygiene
- Ensuring successful preparation and delivery of all catering services within Black DIamond for the winter season 2019/2020
- Providing Menu Training for the Black Diamond Kitchen Team and Front of House Team in advance of the Restaurant Opening
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Food ordering
- Running the breakfast, bar snack menu, deli area and dinner service or deputising the running
- Work collaboratively with the Lodge Manager and Concierge Manager with a positive and professional working relationship
- Be responsible for the success of the kitchen. The successful Black Diamond Head Chef will remain calm under pressure and act as a mentor to the Commis Chefs in the team.
How to Apply
Please send your CV through along with cover letter and photo to Rachel Duke at firstname.lastname@example.org. We must receive all three items in order to consider your application! We will not reply to your application if we do not receive:-
1. Your professional CV
2. A corresponding Cover Letter
3. A professional Photo
We look forward to hearing from you.