An opportunity like no other; to live, work and play in the mountains this winter!
We are actively seeking an experienced and creative chef to run our fantastic luxury private chalet for up to 12 guests, situated in the heart of Meribel. You will be working in one of the most picturesque French ski resorts and connected to the one of the largest ski areas in the world. Working alongside two chalet hosts, you will be responsible for creating a once in a lifetime holiday that your guests will always remember.
- Create and plan weekly tailor made menus in line with guests requests and dietary needs
- Prepare full continental and cooked breakfasts, bake daily fresh cakes/pastries for high tea and create and prepare a 4 course evening meal as per guest requirements, using fresh local produce
- Organise and shop for all food, wine and housekeeping supplies and ensure that all are brought in on budget
- Comply with all Health & Safety regulations throughout the chalet with focus on ensuring kitchen and storage areas remain clean and organised
- Upkeep and general maintenance of the property throughout the season, escalating any issues when necessary
- Ensure that all guests are looked after to the highest standard and experience warm hospitality throughout their stay
- Offer any help and advice to guests as needed, including organising lift passes, ski equipment, ski lessons and restaurant/bar recommendations etc.
- Assist chalet hosts in ensuring that the chalet is always kept clean and up to a high standard
- Complete weekly report outlining any breakages or issues and provide feedback to manager
- Drive chalet minibus to collect guests when needed or to do shopping
- Maintain a professional and friendly image at all times
You will be provided with a competitive salary and benefits package including all meals, discounted drinks, use of chalet and hotel facilities, friends and family holiday concessions and opportunities for progression and development. As the season offers ample opportunity for time on the slopes Mark Warner will also assist you with organising everything that’s needed for a successful season in the mountains.
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression across both seasons. Whether you are looking for a short-term challenge or long-term career development, working for Mark Warner enables you to make life-long friends and provides you with the transferrable skills you will need for a successful career.