Professional Chalet Chef
Powder N Shine is an independent, owner-run catered chalet business operating solely in the small Reberty Village, a piste-side collection of properties in the heart of the Three Valleys. Our chalets are located at high altitude (2000m) and are truly ski-in/ski-out. Each of our 5 chalets is run by a team of 2 or 3 staff, plus management, who collectively provide a 5* service to our guests who visit Powder N Shine from all over the world and very frequently return.
We are looking for highly creative and passionate Professional Chefs to help build on our existing reputation as providers of superior quality food and wine with a commitment to outstanding service. The very best food and wine is a key component of our Powder N Shine offering and has been a factor to maintaining a high number of returning visitors.
With a real focus on quality, we expect our staff to have the same values and dedication to service excellence as we do. As a Chalet Chef, you will be responsible for all food preparation and cooking to include breakfast, afternoon tea and the evening main meal: canapés, 3-course dinner and cheese board.
We also offer our guests with children under a certain age a children’s dinner, which consists of an earlier, simpler meal. You will also be expected to cater for all dietary requirements in the chalet.
Teamwork is hugely important to Powder N Shine and you, along with two Chalet Hosts will be responsible for the daily running of the chalet and delivering outstanding customer service, without exception. All team members of Powder N Shine are considered as front of house. The overall requirement will be to ensure that guests enjoy their fine dining experience and all other aspects of their catered chalet holiday through being as attentive, professional and engaging as possible at all times, in addition to serving superb food.
You must be a team player, enjoy socialising and delivering excellent customer service, have a “can-do attitude” and remain professional at all times. The chalet is an open-kitchen environment, so you must have the social skills to deal with any and every guest.
Skills and Experience Profile
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ and City and Guilds Chef Qualification along with extensive kitchen experience is preferred
- Fine dining experience is essential - Michelin star restaurant experience desired
- Excellent social skills to deal with people from all walks of life of all ages and often families with children
- Uncompromising standards of hygiene & professionalism – certification essential
Applicants must display:
- A love and passion for food and cooking
- The ability to bring ideas to the menus
- The capacity to multi task by dealing with different (often multiple) dietary requirements
- Their ability to be a genuine team player
- Self-awareness in presentation (we expect smart and well-presented staff)
- A positive attitude: being self-motivated and flexible is essential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time and management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Why work for Powder N Shine
- We are a well-established, owner-run company entering our 9th winter season. The owners live a matter of minutes away meaning that you are given the best possible support in resort at all times. We have a high number of returning staff year after year, so you will be working with like-minded individuals looking after our wonderful guests from all over the world
- We do ensure that our employees benefit from a (very) fair proportion of skiing and private time, and those that do a good job will also enjoy healthy tips from happy guests
- Our chalets are situated on the piste so you finish work and literally put on your skis! There is no time wasting on buses or walking to the pistes
- We really care about all of our staff and you are provided support from the moment you accept working for us, until your return at the end of the season
- We provide extensive training at the beginning of the season allowing you to become fully equipped with all the relevant skills and knowledge to provide excellent customer service to our guests
- We offer an excellent salary and benefits package to reflect the work involved which can be challenging at times. Our package is one of top in the industry range
- Working for Powder N Shine can really enhance your CV and allow you to increase your skills in private dining. We are also able to help you get into the yacht and villa companies for summer work with a partner company we work with so if you are looking to work a winter season as a one off experience or looking to forge a seasonal career path, we believe that Powder N Shine is for you
- Excellent package
- Food provided in the chalet
- Accommodation in one of Powder N Shine’s chalets or external apartments
- Uniform provided including some outdoor wear
- Travel to and from resort
- Optional ski pass, ski equipment and medical insurance
All applicants must be in possession of an EU passport or work permit for the UK and an existing permanent UK National Insurance number. Due to motor insurance requirements, only applicants over 21 years of age will be considered – there is no maximum age limit.
For more information, please visit www.powdernshine.com