Haven Holidays are recruiting for Restaurant Team Leaders to join us in our stunning new restaurant, The Coast House.
Department & Culture:
As a Coast house Team Leader, you will support the Manager in delivering fantastic service to our Guests. You’ll play a fundamental part in delivering the right levels of sales and profit and guiding your team to provide amazing Guest service. You will be keen to develop your career too – our Team Leaders are our future Coast house Managers.
At all times you will work towards implementing our people vision in Haven:
Our Coast House Team Leaders are part of our ‘bright and breezy’ team delivering ‘memories that last a life time’ for all our guests and team. They are inspirational in leading our Coast House Team Members in being naturally welcoming and approachable and passionate about engaging with our guests. Our Coast House Team Leaders dare to care for our guests experience and put themselves in the guest’s shoes to deliver a ‘breath of fresh air’ experience for all our guests. Coast House Team Leaders have a yes I can attitude giving everyone the time of day, whether a guest or team member. They keep it simple by delivering dynamic and efficient solutions that are right for our guests and business.
We describe our Team’s as ‘bright and breezy’ living by our values ‘dare to care’, ‘yes I can’, ‘keep it simple’, ‘make it fun’ and ‘do the right thing’ by our guests.
Key responsibilities as part of Team Leading in the Coast House will be:
- To ensure the restaurant and employees are presented to the Guests in line with company policy and standards.
- To pre-empt any signs of Guest dissatisfaction and handle any complaints in accordance with Company standards.
- To actively seek Guest feedback.
- To use your extensive knowledge of the menu to answer Guest questions
- To suggestively market and sell our menu to meet our Guests’ requirements
- To adhere to the Food Safety and Health and Safety Management Systems in order to safeguard the guest, the team and the business.
- To order and accept all deliveries to Company policy/standards and legislative requirements.
- To clear tables for plates, glassware etc. efficiently and professionally when required
- To recognise and reward excellent performance within the Restaurant Team, encourage individual development and strive excellent standards of service.
- With the Coast house Manager review the appraisals of the team and produce an action plan.
- To help plan and organise restaurant team meetings
- To communicate all important company information to team
- To assist with the recruitment and selection of the restaurant team as needed.
- To assist with all on-job training
- To carry out counselling and disciplinary/grievance hearings where necessary.
- To help Coast house manager in conducting annual appraisals and PDP’s with all of the restaurant team.
- To take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all Guests, colleagues and self at all times
- To help the floor and kitchen teams and colleagues in carrying out duties to ensure an effective and efficient operation of the restaurant
- To adhere to all open and closing standards including cleaning.
- To be fully competent in all the administration and paperwork.
- To maintain brand standards as per the Brand Standards Manual.
- To achieve company standards on Financial audits.
- To achieve and exceed sales and profit targets.
- To communicate weekly sales and profit targets to team.
- To implement budget, margin and labour controls in line with Company standards.
- To ensure that all cash is handled correctly and banking procedures are in accordance with Company policy.
- To adhere to financial practices and procedures in line with the Company manual.
- To take full responsibility in the Coast house Manager’s absence.
The above are key tasks for the role, but please note that this is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time in line with business needs. This description applies to those performing the role whilst undertaking training in order to fulfil all aspects of the job.Attributes for Role: Self
- Sets their own goals and drives for own success
- Competition is important for achievement
- Uses own judgement to make decisions
- Needs to work at pace without too many constraints
- Is a self starter with a high level of personal motivation
- Behaves with integrity and needs to be trusted
- Learns through ‘experience’ and is questionable and inquisitive.
- Can be assertive and firm when needed
- Is able to influence actions and decisions through people
- Is positive and engaging when communicating with the team
- Has a genuine and authentic interest in people
- Can be persuasive to ensure a desired outcome
- Coaching, support and development of people is critical for success.
- Role model behaviours expected of a leader.
- Is professional, demonstrating passion and energy for the business
- Delivers our performance targets against budget.
- Deliver and embrace the park vision and strategy based on the commercial and guest needs.
- Is a role model for effective leadership behaviours and our values at all times.
- Proud to serve our food & drinks prepared with passion.
- Is resilient and focused and maintains this at times of pressure and challenge
- Creates a culture of freedom to act yet one of high support and commitment to the cause
- Lives and breathes the company values in everything they do.
Measures of Success: Team Leader’s will be responsible for delivering a truly memorable dining experience focused on our guests. To support the dining experience, we have developed a set of KPIs unique to our Coast House team which will be shared during the induction process. It is essential the KPIs are met by each one of our food and beverage team members to ensure our guests are happy, in a safe, secure and appealing environment. Experience: Previous experience within a leadership position in a bar or restaurant environment may provide you with an insight into the day to day responsibilities, however, we personally believe our Coast House Team Leaders are truly unique and with or without experience you could become an invaluable member of our ‘bright and breezy’ team provided you have the right attitude and embrace our values.Qualifications: We welcome team members with hospitality qualifications however these are not a requirement for joining our ‘bright and breezy’ team. We place focus on the right attitude and the ability to embrace our values, encouraging everyone to take responsibility for the development of both their people and product knowledge skills in order to deliver memories that last a lifetime