Rockley Lodge is a 60 bed residential facility based at Rockley Point, Hamworthy and provides food and accommodation to our residential clients throughout the year. Working alongside Rockley Watersports, one of the leading providers of Watersports training and school activity trips in the UK, Rockley Lodge is open annually offering full board and accommodation for 10 to 25 year olds who are taking part in our courses and school groups or school activity trips.
We are excited to be offering the opportunity for a motivated, outgoing and hardworking individual in the role of Seasonal Chef. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, at this fast past residential facility.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation and delivery of evening meals, on a 5 day working pattern (will include weekend work)
- Developing a varied 2 week menu plan to suite the clients on centre.
- Preparation of lunches for our residential clients.
- Working alongside the Residential Team to make sure that clients have a positive experience whilst with us.
- Liaising with the residential supervisor on catering numbers and special dietary requirements.
- Cleaning of the kitchen and food production area.
Working patterns will include split shifts, however can be negotiated for the right candidate. The role will include weekend work.
- Previous Catering / Kitchen experience is required for the role. An ideal role for someone coming off the back of a winter season as a Chalet Host.
- Candidates should be well presented and motivated with an outgoing personality.
- Candidates must hold Food Hygiene level 2.
- All applicants will be subject to 2 references + undertake a DBS check.
- UK Drivers Licence - desirable but not essential.