Seasonal Hospitality & Catering
Field Studies Council Millport, Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland
Up to £10.08 per hour plus benefits
35 hours per week during the season on an annualised, permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Typically, our core season runs from March until October every year. Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the smooth running of catering operations and that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times, whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping and kitchen work, including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and laundry, assisting with food deliveries, making beds, operating vacuum cleaners, and cleaning bathrooms and toilets.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – pro-rata 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation during the season can be provided on a chargeable basis
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Elke Scheibler on Tel No. 01475 531420.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews will take place at Field Studies Council Millport at a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.