Seasonal Hospitality or Catering Assistants
FSC Dale Fort, Nr Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire.
Hourly rate up to £9.46 plus benefits.
Range of permanent flexible hours available to suit your requirements – please contact us for more details.
Field Studies Council
Leading Outdoor Learning
Inspiring everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
We have number of exciting opportunities for you to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Working at our Dale Fort Field Centre it is set in a spectacular location high on the cliffs within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, giving superb views over the sea. Built in 1856 to defend the Milford Haven waterway against invasion, it has been a field centre since 1948.
Overall Job purpose:
Typically, our core season runs from March until October every year. Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
As an integral team player your main purpose will be working in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the centre is clean and tidy at all times. Some amount of food handling will be required as well as general housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning, laundry and maintaining high hygiene standards.
If your preference is to work in either housekeeping or catering, please advise at the point of application; alternatively, we can discuss this with you at interview.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- Holidays – pro-rata of 28 days inc bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Tom Stamp on 01646 636205.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on Monday 31 January 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Dale Fort as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.