Do you want to continue your career, working for one of The Sunday Times Best Biggest Company in the UK?
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work within a kitchen environment without splits shifts, a 40-hour average contract over 52 weeks and normally finished by 8pm, then read on!
This is a full time role, paying £26k to £28K PA with an annual performance based bonus of up to 15%
We are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef, to support the Head Chef in the day-to-day running of the Kitchen. Being able to manage the kitchen in a safe and secure manner, whilst delivering against financial and qualative goals is an absolute must.
As well as great working hours, this role is ideal for a professional who takes pride in the food that our guests will eat and also a great opportunity to share your knowledge to help train and develop our junior team, some of which will be apprentices.
The Sous chef will need to portray high standards of professionalism to inspire and lead the team to exceed our customer expectations, whilst keeping our team engaged in what we do.
Overall scope of the role:
- Run kitchen and be in charge in Head chef’s absence
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
- Ensure effective stock rotation, its receipt and storage
- Ensure adherence to the company policies such as food safety and H&S policies.
- Supervise performance of kitchen team to ensure proper activity
- Perform other administrative tasks as will be communicated by leaders
- Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food – in quality, quantity and safety
- Work towards exceeding guest’s expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service
- Ensure all complaints, inquiries, and suggestions by guest’s are attended to accordingly.
- Give appropriate support or guidance to members of kitchen team when need arises
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature
- Be responsible for kitchen cleaning rosters and the supervision of cleaning schedules
- Ensure that the kitchen team work harmoniously in order to ensure timely production of quality foods using correct equipment and methods
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food prepared using correct equipment and procedures
- Report the need for maintenance to appropriate leaders
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have re Experience in delivering food with in the conference and event industry.
- levant industry qualifications and experience in large scale buffet catering
- A drive and passion for team development.
- Be passionate about delivery and exceeding our guests experience and expectations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with both guests and team members.
- Be a Committed Team Player being flexible, enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Demonstrate exceptional service standards and have a good and keen eye for detail.
- Be able to find operational solutions when things go wrong- Problem solving.
About Us:No matter which role you fulfil at Butlin's, all of us are working towards our common goal of delighting our guests every time by providing amazing memories and experiences, as well as creating an environment where our team can perform at their best.About the benefits:
- Annual Bonus scheme
- 20% off holidays for you, your family and friends.
- Regular Team offers
- Access to discounted offers from a variety of providers
- Team member appreciation and recognition schemes
- Pension scheme
- Nursery facilities