Job Title: Spa Therapist
Department: Neilson Summers & Winters
Location: European Beach & Ski Resorts
Reports to: Spa Manager/Hotel Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts or the winter in a stunning ski resort, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Relax, restore and revive is the Neilson wellbeing philosophy. Our Spas provide an additional touch of luxury to our resorts and allow our guests to indulge in some seriously well-deserved ‘me’ time.
Working as a Neilson Spa Therapist is more than just a job, it’s a lifestyle that integrates the world of Spa with a host of activities in spectacular resorts, inspiring passion and motivation.
If you're a brilliant therapist looking to work overseas in a fabulous environment, then there could be a place for you on our team! You’ll be expected to carry out a wide range of treatments for our guests in a highly professional manner, offering advice on skin care and home care and recommend suitable retail products. Most importantly each and every guest must leave their treatment feeling wonderful.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As an NVQ level 3 beauty therapist (or equivalent), you are passionate about making people feel amazing and your clients will return from their treatment feeling on top of the world enthusiastic to book again.
Working with the luxury brand, Temple Spa, you will be given all the knowledge and product training to deliver an outstanding treatment to complement your professional and personable approach.
- Upsell treatments and retail to maximize spa sales
- To ensure that all spa and beauty bookings are made in the most effective and productive manner in order to maximise treatment opportunities
- Lead the way by showing a willingness to perform all spa treatments to a high standard as set during training
- To be well presented and proud to wear the Neilson spa uniform
- Carry out spa treatments and services to a high standard
- Actively maintain a good knowledge of all spa services and products, Attending spa training sessions and regular refreshment with manuals provided
- To ensure that all agreed targets regarding Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- To ensure that the spa and other beauty outlets are presented in excellent visual presentation and to take responsibility for all treatment areas
- Ensure all standard operating procedures as detailed in the manual are followed accordingly
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures and instructions accordingly to ensure a safe spa and hotel
- To actively report any issues relating to the operation and additional ideas for improvements to the Hotel Manager
- To always seek direct feedback from our guests and report feedback to managers
- Display excellent customer service, support and awareness at all times
- Demonstrate an excellent, overall knowledge of Neilson products to advise our guests
- To assist the management of stock levels by following all usage guidelines set during training
- To ensure the correct handling and security of retail and professional stock
- Ensure the correct use of the spa POS system
- To build rapport and develop and maintain positive working relationships with the spa team, management, and all other team members
- To carry out all other duties to assist with the smooth running of overseas operations as designated by your line Manager
Personal Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
It is important to be confident and charismatic. As one of our Spa Therapists, you will enjoy building positive and engaging rapport with our guests and provide the additional WOW factor to our spa experience.
- To be approachable, confident, knowledgeable, with excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Organised, hardworking, honest, flexible, energetic, self-motivated, target orientated and keen to display a consistently high standard of service
Technical Skills or Knowledge: Essential:
- Basic understanding of computer systems such as word, excel, email
- Capable of learning new programs and procedures quickly and accurately
- Computer literate with a basic understanding of Word, Excel, Email
Qualifications & Training:
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Approximately one year’s sales experience (Desirable)
- Previous work experience overseas (Desirable)
- Qualifications: Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
- Qualifications: Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3 Hot Stone and Gel manicure/pedicure
- Work Experience - Sales: 0 - 1 Years
- Work Experience - Practical: 1 - 2 Years
- A valid UK/ EU work permit: Required