As head chef you will oversee and run every aspect of the hotel kitchen. Managing a team of chefs (size of team is dependent on property size), you will take responsibility for ensuring the preparation, delivery and service of food is completed to the highest standard within your property. It’s important the kitchen environment is kept clean, tidy, efficient, and safe working environment for all, ensuring it meets our high company standards and in compliance with UK and local law. You will train, monitor, and ensure all staff adhere to HCCAP best practice to ensure food and hygiene standards are exceptional.
As an Alpine elements head chef, you will motivate, train, and develop your team of chefs through performance management and set objectives to ensure a succession plan is implemented. You will also liaise with the catering manager and/or hotel manager to ensure appropriate placements are offered to your team in line with their development plans. As a head chef you will inspire your team to achieve and exceed our customer expectations throughout the season. At Alpine elements we look for head chefs who are talented, friendly, and passionate about their role developing others.
- To ensure that all guests have a brilliant holiday experience from start to end
- Ensure that all guests dietary requirements are considered and met.
- Any complaints are responded to in a timely and efficient manner in resort or accurate responses sent to the UK team upon request.
- Oversee all food quality that is presented to the guests are of the highest standards and served timely that meets guest’s expectations.
- Completing weekly accounts for all areas of the hotel in set deadlines and using this information to ensure all budgets & sales targets are being met.
- Providing staff motivation and development throughout the season where needed
- Complete and monitor staff rota’s
- Set Objectives, train, coach, develop and performance manage the kitchen teamTo develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- To identify, initiate, market, and monitor incremental sales in the Hotel
- Catering for between 35 to 70 covers (Hotel dependent)
- Catering to a 4* standard, 3 course set menu.
- Implementing, monitoring, and recording all HCCAP and COSHH requirements
- Taking a proactive approach to stock control and ordering ensuring that expenditure remains within set budgets
- To ensure all sales targets are being achieved throughout the season
What we are looking for
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone, lead a team and be a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Experience as head chef and/or leading a small/medium sized kitchen team.
- Food Hygiene Certification
- NVQ Level3, BTEC or City and Guilds 701 & 702 or Equivalent
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with full flexibility to be able to run your kitchen and have full control.
- Salary is competitive uniform is provided and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation provided with the contract or negotiable salary if not required. Insurance and visa can be provided and are optional.