Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet between Chamonix and Megeve. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps.
You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to work abroad without having to fund yourself and get paid in the process!
Our Hospitality Generals act as the first point of call for all our clients and the role is ideally suited to those interested in a career in the hospitality, travel and hotel industry.
- Housekeeping of clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms and bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up the restaurant, waiting, clearing and cleaning tables and bar service.
- Kitchen duties; including washing-up.
- Complying with all health and safety regulations.
- Work within the team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for
- Possession of an EU passport.
- A friendly, confident and open personality, happy communicating with all ages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Previous hospitality, service, catering or customer service experience.
- A good standard of general education.
- Additional skills such as driving, maintenance or kitchen experience is desirable.
- French language skills – desirable.
- Full EU/UK driving license and experience of driving overseas/mountainous environment – desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walker’s lift pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps