The Georgian House - Sous Chef
Situated on the cobbled streets of St Anne, on the idyllic island of Alderney, the Georgian House is a much-loved pub with four charming rooms, a restaurant, secluded garden and bar.
With its locally sourced food, well equipped bar and friendly and attentive staff, it’s a popular choice for both locals and holiday makers to eat, drink, socialise and enjoy some live music (with Alps bands a plenty).
At The Georgian House, we strive to exceed our customer's expectations in all areas and our aim is to produce a menu that makes the most of the fantastic local produce the island has to offer - the seafood is on tap and is second to none, not to mention the local dairy, beef and pork farm and home-grown vegetables.
We also pride our selves on our attentive, friendly and welcoming service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated chef, with a keen interest food and produce.
A fantastic opportunity to work with locally sourced and foraged ingredients that Alderney has to offer. You’ll need to be able to thrive working within a small team in a busy, dynamic, kitchen environment assisting with daily prep and a range of kitchen tasks. We’re looking for a great natural cook with an awareness and repertoire that would translate to a quality island pub.
A willingness to learn and develop as a chef is a must, in addition to a positive attitude, energy and a great team player.
You will need to be/have:
- A passion for great food and shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest of locally sourced produce.
- Able to demonstrate financial kitchen awareness.
- High standards of hygiene and organisation.
- Be self-motivated and have the maturity and patience to assist in the growth and continuous development of the menu and pub as a whole.
- A great work ethic, with a positive attitude and energy.
- A great team player – essential!
- A couple of years’ experience in a reputable restaurant or gastro pub would be ideal but not essential.
- An ability and willingness to get involved in outside catering.
- Start date: September/October 2021
- Working week: 5 days per week, 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: From £27,300 pa
- Holiday: 25 days pa
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£35/wk utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please click apply now if you are interested in the position, sending through your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
References on request.
Other positions are also available at our sister restaurant The Moorings in Alderney.