The Villa Host is responsible for every aspect of the success of our Mediterranean villas. As a result, the position is very diverse, encompassing guest relations, monitoring standards, logistical arrangements and transfer planning.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby ‘Nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with guests each week, ensuring they are informed of all local events and updated on any relevant information that may help enhance their stay.
- Take responsibility and ownership of the property– this includes cleanliness, maintenance, communication with the villa owners and overall guest service and experience.
- Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of “Scott Dunn” service from all aspects of their holiday
- Act as an ambassador for Scott Dunn in resort
- Full concierge service by helping & advising guests with making reservations for activities, attractions & recommended restaurants.
- Carry out pre-holiday guest phone calls to help plan and prepare and ensure the holiday is tailored made
- Maintain and develop good relations with all existing or new suppliers, contractors and villa owners
- Help plan the smooth transfer of guests to and from the airport
- Liaise closely with UK offices to ensure complete communication of information
- Complete, accurately and efficiently, all paperwork and administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the villas and meet health and safety standards.
- Deal with guest problems effectively and efficiently
- Regular updating of guest logs – communicating information to the Resort Manager
- Ensure effective communication in resort including the attendance at and participation in resort team meetings
- Provide full hosting service
- Purchase and manage required stock, including all villa beverages & cleaning products
Abilities and expectations
- Ability to lead by example
- Excellent numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Have an outstanding eye for detail
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Good self-motivation
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Professional and can-do attitude
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Basic academics – including maths, English and IT.
- Full UK/EU Driving licence
- Fluency in French/Spanish (desirable)
- Hospitality degree/nvq, Wset (desirable)
- Management degree or similar (desirable)
- UK or EU Passport holder
Please note that we do require you to hold an EU Passport or dual nationality. Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas.