Reporting to the Hotel Manager/Restaurant Supervisor you will provide an efficient waiting service for up to 26 guests/ or 6 to 7 tables in one of Summer Alps Hotels. You will be serving guests at breakfast and dinner, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times. You will prepare your station for dinner service by laying tables, set up tables with condiments, water, bread baskets, butter and table arrangements, etc. Serve breakfast, dinner, clear down and relay for the next service all within a maximum time of two hours (with set meals times). This is a fast paced role but rewarding.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To provide guests with a personal holiday experience with outstanding customer service and a friendly, efficient dining experience.
- To perform daily and weekly cleaning of your section including a weekly transfer deep clean of the restaurant.
- Serving customers in the bar area in an effective and friendly manner
- Provide a smooth running efficient breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner service
- To ensure that appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times
- To ensure that all local information that maybe of relevance to customers is clearly displayed and passed onto customers
- To actively upsell any additional extras that the Hotel may offer such as packaged lunches, wine upgrades and meal nights
- Internal: Hotel Manager, Assistant Manager, Head Chef , Restaurant Supervisor
- External: Suppliers
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work efficiently (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Sales Experience (HD)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- Spoken English to conversational level (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Secure Cash Handling Experience (HD)
To apply for this role you must:
- Have held a full time position for at least 12 months continuous employment in the same role as a waiter, running your own station including drinks service, with at table ordering, and without support, for a minimum of 24 covers. Conferencing and banqueting, Wedding/Events or agency work, C&B and Silver Service work, will not be considered sufficient.
- You must be able to carry four main course plates, with plated meals to the table and whilst adhering to service etiquette, clear each table without the use of trays. You will be provided with a dumb waiter with trays for your station.