Waiting Staff at The Georgian House
Situated on the cobbled streets of St Anne on the idyllic island of Alderney, the Georgian House is a much-loved pub with four charming rooms, a restaurant, secluded garden and bar.
Open year round both permanent and summer positions are available (the perfect stop gap before the next winter season).
With its locally sourced food, well equipped bar and friendly and attentive staff, it’s a popular choice for both locals and holiday makers to eat, drink, socialise and enjoy some live music (with Alps bands a plenty).
The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with The Georgian House ethos.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Playing an active role on the floor on a daily basis - ensuring you are working as part of the floor and at times, in the absence of the restaurant manager, managing operations.
- Delivering exceptional customer care service.
- Have a good product knowledge of food and beverages.
- Handling cash and till management.
- Taking restaurant and function bookings.
- Cleaning – setting up and clearing down.
- A good understanding and application of health and hygiene.
- Being confident with and having a willingness to work behind the bar.
- Administration responsibilities.
- Attending staff meetings as required.
- Meeting & greeting residents and guests.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- Previous experience is essential; 1-2 years at least.
- Strong social and people skills with a cheerful and outgoing manner.
- Highly motivated and organised and have an excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic.
- A good phone manner.
- An ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- An ability to cope under pressure being fast and efficient.
- A willingness to work hard.
- Adaptable and have a flexible attitude.
- Good communication.
- An ability to have fun!
- Start date: March/April/May 2020
- Working week: 5 days per week, 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£100/month utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK if applicable
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
Please click apply now if you are interested in the position or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
References on request.
Other positions are also available at The Victoria Hotel and Moorings in Alderney – please see our company profile.