Join the team at the Whistler Kids Snow School as a Kitchen Assistant helping to prepare the lunches for the children and staff each day.
You'll be part of a friendly and close-knit team, working hard but always with a smile on your face.
It is a case of ‘work hard, play hard’ but, with a season pass included with the job, there’s no excuse for not making the most of this awesome place!
Oyster have been working closely with Whistler Kids since 2004. During your stay you will have the full support of our representative in Whistler and your Destination Manager in the UK.
The programme requires you to have a Canadian Working Holiday Permit (the IEC). We can assist in helping you apply for this. Permits are released at the beginning of each year.
The role involves preparing, cooking and serving lunch for the children and instructors (burgers, pizza, pasta etc), setting up the lunch hall and then cleaning up afterwards.
Standards are high in all jobs in Canada and this job is no exception. You’ve got to be a great team player and be able to work with a smile on your face and also got to enjoy being around kids.
This is a full time role and you can expect to work an average of 32 hours per week (with seasonal variations).
Expect to earn a good minimum wage of $13 per hour (approx £7 per hour). Most participants find the wage enough to be able to live comfortably, have a great social life and even save money for when they have finished the programme.
Previous experience is not needed, this programme is ideal for beginners and experts alike. With plenty of free time you will find that you will improve quickly and never get bored with plenty on offer to challenge even the most experienced amongst you.
What do I get for my money?
To participate in the programme there is a charge of £2595, this includes:
• Pre-arranged job as a Kitchen Assistant.
• Season ski pass (worth over £800).
• Guaranteed accommodation ready for your arrival.
• Interview and briefing (either face-to-face or over the phone).
• Pre Departure Briefing two months before you head to Canada (this takes place on Skype for those from overseas).
• Assistance with organising the Work Permit (extra fee of $250 payable to Canadian Immigration).
• Support from our Rep of 14 years in Whistler throughout your stay.
• Transfer from Vancouver.
• First night in Vancouver hostel.
• Help organising Social Insurance Number and Canadian Bank Account.
• Orientation course in Whistler.
• Monthly meals and activities with the Rep.
• ZipTrek tour.
• Discounts in the village