As a Chalet Manager you will manage a group of chalets (between 4-12) either in one resort, or across multiple resorts. Experienced within the chalet industry and familiar with the challenges of all aspects of chalet management. Alongside logistics you will train, coach, develop and manage chalet chefs, hosts and support staff to deliver against demanding targets. You will need to have a proven track record in delivering KPI’s within a chalet environment in; food, linen, wine and cleaning expenditure. You will have a strong understanding of guest expectations within chalets, to exceed the company and our guests expectations. You will have a proactive approach, ensuring you minimise and reduce guest complaints in the properties in your area. You will identify areas in which to reduce departmental headcount & working hours and increase staff retention, whilst improving the quality of the product. The Chalet manager will also oversee a schedule of a cost effective chalets maintenance programme.
You will have the ability to identify success as well as areas for improvement, ultimately streamlining systems and processes to deliver operational efficiency and achieve our high standards.
To be successful in this role you will be a chalets ambassador, forging strong relationships with chalet owners and taking full responsibility for the management of the chalet handover and hand back processes within your resorts.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
This list is extensive but not limited too. More information will be given at interview stage.
- Deliver against KPI’s for Chalet wine upgrades, packed lunches and honesty bars within each of the chalet resorts.
- Identify, develop and implement new revenue streams in the chalets within your resorts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Chalet owners and suppliers
- Achieve set KPI’s for Guest satisfaction scores for chalets within your resorts
- Ensure that all CSQ’s are handed out, completed and returned weekly, meeting company targets.
- Take responsibility resolving customer issues efficiently in resort
- Manage a range of chalets resorts, focusing on driving forward the new Premium Plus brand of chalets
- Through resort and property visits (including dinning in chalets and hotels) ensure a strong staff support and customer facing presence and interaction with customers to receive direct guest feedback
- Build and Maintain strong owner relationships
- Identify and share success as well as areas for improvement; streamlining systems and processes to deliver operational efficiency.
- Manage Guest Complaint Management and exceed KPI’s in the reduction of the number of Guest Complaints
- Produce detailed and accurate inventories of all chalets and stock takes of all chalets stores
- Ensure your team submit; timesheets, temperature logs, vehicle paperwork, accounts, First Impressions /Holiday Satisfaction Questionnaires, accident report forms, customer report forms, weekly staff movements and monthly Staff Payroll Forms according to weekly, monthly and seasonal deadlines
- Oversee and organise the cleaning and close down of all chalets, storage facilities and staff accommodation
- Ensure legal compliance of Register Du Personnel, Security, French Bar Licensing Laws and that Catering operations meet French Hygiene Law.
- Provide operational & logistical support and customer facing presence at required feeder points or airports on transfer days
- Ensure comprehensive close down of resort at the end of season.
- Oversee the performance of all chalet staff and provide continuous support and training ensuring the hosts and support staff conduct housekeeping and catering duties to set targets, KPI’s and standards
- Ensure induction and training is provided for all new or replacement chalet staff that start mid-season, ensuring that all aspects of a chalet is covered and that relevant paperwork is completed
- Conduct regular staff accommodation, staff meals and uniform and grooming guideline audits to ensure staff are being provided with contractual services in line with their terms and conditions and staff are conforming to their contractual obligations
- Conduct weekly meetings to ensure staff remain motivated, hold mid-season appraisals and end of season performance reviews and submit scanned paperwork to the UK HR department
What we are looking for
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Team player
- Catering experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Relevant transferable work experience.
- Experience problem solving customer issues and thinking on your feet.
- Food hygiene certification (Desirable)
- Conversational French (Desirable)
Salary and Package
Accommodation, Insurance, uniform, local lift pass and standard equipment hire (snowboard and boots or skis and boots), some meals provided.