Are you an experienced and organised Chalet Host looking for a step up, a step towards management level? Have you completed one or more seasons as a Chalet Host and are now looking for a new challenge?
Mentoring and training a small team (Chalet Chef and a Chalet Assistant) throughout the setup of your property and throughout the season, you will be an integral part of the resort chalet team. Once the season is in full swing you will play a hands on role in ensuring the cleanliness, comfort and food scores in your chalet are maintained, whilst ensuring the whole team within your chalet deliver excellent customer service. You will supervise one chalet up to a maximum of 45 guests (our club chalets have 23, 32, 34, and 45 beds)
- Represent the companies high standards through compliance with company uniform policy, presentation and professionalism at all times
- Ensure KPI targets are met for “First Impressions”, Cleanliness & Hygiene, Comfort and Food Scores across in your chalet
- Ensure a culture of proactive resolution to customer complaints/issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Through training and feedback ensure that the chalet team deliver an appropriate chalet welcome meeting to exceed our guests expectations.
- Deliver ongoing coaching and development of your Chalet team
- Ensure your chalet team have all the equipment they need and are trained to a competent level to carry out their duties.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Suppliers and Property Owners
- Ensure that your chalet is running smoothly and efficiently at all times
- Complete weekly Chalet food orders, stock takes and other administrative tasks
- Complete; risk assessments, fire / health & safety and HCCAP paperwork to set deadlines and using this information to ensure that all budgets, sales and customer satisfaction targets are being meet
- Assist with the discipline and development of the Chalet team through motivation, coaching and performance management
- Regular contact with your Resort Chalet Manager to ensure you implement a succession plan for all staff within your chalet
- Monitor and help the team to achieve sales targets for additional extras
What we are looking for
- Outgoing and enthusiastic people.
- Team player
- Motivated to achieve and encourage others to do the same.
- The ability to manage workload by themselves and delegate to the team where appropriate.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and plan ahead.
- Experience handling complaints, ability to think outside the box to resolve issues.
- Previous experience as team leader or supervisor.
- Speak French to conversational level
Salary and package
Accommodation, Insurance, uniform, local lift pass and standard equipment hire (snowboard and boots or skis and boots), some meals provided.