Are you excited to deliver great customer service and create a home from home for our guests? As an Alpine Elements Chalet Host, you will play a big part in our guests’ holiday and be directly responsible for ensuring all their holiday expectations are exceeded. Creating a welcoming atmosphere, you will be servicing rooms and communal areas daily whilst also providing breakfast, a high quality 3 course evening meal, and an afternoon tea of homemade cakes and biscuits. All our chalet hosts are recruited ready to be in sole charge of one of our chalets. You’ll need to be friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic, ready to share your passion for good food and the mountains whilst delivering excellent customer service. You will be responsible for hygiene, cooking, stock-control and managing your budget, whilst always keeping things running smoothly and efficiently.
- To ensure Alpine Elements chalet guests’ expectations are exceeded at all opportunities.
- Assisting guests throughout their holiday, providing information and answering questions when needed.
- Preparing meals to a high standard and delivering them on time.
- Once a week clean of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Daily cleaning of communal and kitchen area.
- Deep clean all chalet areas on transfer days and reset in a timely manner ready for guest arrivals.
- Conduct weekly chalet welcome meetings for guests.
- Ensure the appropriate clean uniform is always worn, adhering to company uniform guidelines.
- Prepare to our high standard; breakfast including hot option, cakes for afternoon tea and a three-course set menu evening meal.
- Assist guests with luggage to rooms and provide information on arrival.
- Ensure you achieve set targets for guest satisfaction scores.
- Passion for the mountain’s activities.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty, trustworthy and hard working.
- Relevant transferable experience.
- Confidence to cater a 3-course menu for up to 12 people by yourself.
- Relevant transferable work experience.
- Experience problem solving customer issues.
- Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2 certification – links to online courses can be requested (Essential)
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation, insurance and visa can be provided as an option.