The housekeeping supervisor works closely with a team of hotel assistants to deliver the highest levels of cleanliness throughout the property. You will oversee and manage a small team to ensure guest bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors, and all public and back of house areas of the hotel are consistently clean and tidy. You will help ensure that the hotel meets the company’s high targets for guest reviews and feedback. You will be instrumental in creating an inviting, relaxing atmosphere, and promoting staff efficiency. This is a hands-on role; the primary aspect being the high-standard cleaning of rooms, whilst also supervising a small team to create the optimum environment for both staff and guests.
• To ensure that the guests' expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To assist the hotel and assistant manager in ensuring the smooth day-to-day running to company standards, specifically with regards to the cleanliness throughout the hotel.
- To complete weekly accounts and stock takes for housekeeping supplies and set deadlines using this information to ensure that all budgets and targets are being met.
- Providing staff motivation and development throughout the season where needed.
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic people.
- Team player and confident leader.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to manage workload by themselves and delegate to the team where appropriate.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and plan.
- Experience handling complaints, ability to think outside the box to resolve issues.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards.
Requirements of the role –
- Previous experience in housekeeping is essential
- People/ team management / supervisory experience is essential.
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts.
- Accommodation, insurance and visas can be provided but are optional.