Childrens Cook/ Activity Leader
There has never been a better time to experience a winter season in the Alps. Pay levels have increased and working hours reduced so you will have every opportunity to make the most of the snow with new friends as you join one of the best - and best looked after - season teams in the Alps.
We believe that even the youngest of children are entitled to enjoy their holiday in the Alps as much as their parents, therefore, enthusiastic, imaginative and self-motivated team members are required. Experience of working with food is preferred. Full training on our childcare lunch recipes will be given. Experience of previous employment in high quality childcare settings and experience in a hospitality setting is preferred.
Our Children’s Cooks are a key part of our childcare team, working alongside our Activity Leaders, Ski School Helpers and Qualified Nannies.Throughout the week you will take the lead on preparing lunch for the children in our childcare clubs. We have simple set recipes to follow and lunch consists of well-loved classics such as jacket potatoes with beans, pasta bake, or fish fingers and chips. All prepared and cooked in one of our chalet kitchens. Our lunches are always accompanied by healthy finger-food such as carrot batons and apple slices.All of the food will be ordered into resort for you and it will be your responsibility to adjust quantities depending on the number of children in our care and to take note of dietary requirements (we will provide you with recipes and food alternatives for dietary/allergies). After lunch has been cleared away you will be asked to join our Activity Leaders in assisting with fun afternoon activities such as yeti hunts, snowman building competitions and hot chocolate trips.
Who we are looking for:
- You will be enthusiastic, creative and dedicated individual who wants to give every child the best possible holiday. We believe that even the youngest of children are entitled to enjoy their holiday in the Alps as much as their parents, therefore, enthusiastic, imaginative and self-motivated team members are required.
- Experience of previous employment in high quality Childcare settings is essential and experience in a hospitality setting is preferred.
- A full EU Driving Licence and formal childcare qualifications or activity leading qualifications are preferred.
- It is required that you hold a UK National Insurance number, UK bank account, and an UK passport.
- Due to the nature of our business all employees must hold a recent DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) enhanced disclosure and certificate – we can assist with this process.
What we provide:
- We will provide a training and set-up course during which you will be shown how to set up and operate your chalet. You will be equipped with the tools and information that you need to take on the responsibility of operating within the childcare team.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- First Aid Training
Family Ski Company provide their resort teams with an excellent employment package
- Transport to and from the UK at the beginning and at the end of the season.
- Competitive wages
- A full season lift pass
- Insurance that covers skiing accidents and emergency medical cover
- Ski equipment for the full season
- Accommodation (We have double rooms for couples)
- One and a half days off per week (this is more than the standard single day most companies offer as well as staggered shifts allowing for skiing around work duties)
We have an excellent reputation in the industry for treating our teams very well and with great respect.