Bar and Restaurant Manager
'The Cosy Bar and Restaurant' is a lively, vibrant and atmospheric ski bar located in a beautiful Alpine village at the heart of the Portes du Soleil. We are searching for an enthusiastic Manager to lead a small team of bar and kitchen staff to deliver excellent customer service and promote a fun, warm and welcoming atmosphere throughout the winter. The right candidate will be rewarded with a competitive French or English salary, a great work environment with flexible hours and ample ski time.
Roles and responsibilities
· To have overall responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the bar/restaurant.
· To effectively manage and support the team of bar/restaurant staff and promote and enjoyable workplace.
· To provide excellent customer service and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere
· To take responsibility for maintaining the appearance of the bar and terrace, responding to any maintenance issues should they arise.
· To undertake regular stock checks, maintain effective stock rotation and make sure that stock is stored correctly.
· To be responsible for the cashing up of the bar and collection of paperwork.
· To create and organise imaginative events and promotions with the help of the team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a person with a fun and enthusiastic personality to create an enjoyable environment for both customers and staff to share our love for this beautiful alpine location that we call home.
The position involves being organised and forward planning, along with daily contact with customers and the bar team so we are looking for somebody with some previous experience of people management and strong customer service.
· Previous experience leading a small team.
· Experience of the hospitality industry and in providing excellent customer service
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· To be proactive and to have strong problem solving ability
· Strong French and English spoken language are essential
Package and Details
· You will need to be available from mid-November until the end of April 2020
· The package is negotiable and can be inclusive of accommodation, lift pass, food and ski hire.
· For UK based applicants we will provide travel to and from resort
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org