A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven individual to oversee the delivery of exceptional service to guests through effective staff management and engagement at our flagship Outdoor Activity Centre. Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will be working for JCA, one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host over 500 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!
What will I be doing?
- Be an ambassador for the brand and being the main point of contact between the staff and guests at all times during duty.
- Deliver exceptional service to customers and other third-party clients and suppliers ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the Activity Centre through communicating and coordinating with all departments and managers.
- Act as a Duty Manager, handling guest complaints efficiently and making sure all guests leave the Activity Centre satisfied.
- Deputise in the absence of the Centre Manager to uphold the smooth service and quality of standards across the Activity Centre and separate departments.
- Be key contact and manager in the case of any emergency situation and direct staff and external services to achieve best possible outcome.
- Coach and mentor, the team to ensure a high level of engagement, people development and staff retention in addition to embedding the company policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for employee welfare management.
- Maintain the high level of standards and cleanliness throughout the site grounds and buildings.
- Ensuring safety and security regulations are met whilst overseeing the site security and safety procedures
- Oversee Facility compliance in conjunction with relevant departmental manager.
- Have a flexible approach to work, be prepared to adapt and perform duties which may not fit your remit but where the business dictates a need for assistance to ensure service and standards are maintained.
What are we looking for?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build positive working relationships and adapt to a variety of situations.
- A demonstrated history of staff development and performance management through an engaging leadership style in a similar role.
- Management experience in delivering high quality customer service/guest relations to a high volume.
- Enthusiasm towards outdoor activities and education.
- Previous working experience in Outdoor Activity Centres, hotels or holiday parks.
- Guest relation experience
- Experience in Outdoor Activities
- Experience of facilities in a commercial environment
- Experience of Health & Safety and First Aid
The extra bits…
- Permanent, full-time position
- Salary up to £35,000 - Exact salary to be confirmed at interview based on experience
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- You must be able to make your own way to Condover Hall as accommodation is not provided
- Further training will be provided including: Health and Safety and Safeguarding